How can you spruce up veg and make kids eat it? I’ve come up with this recipe and uses. The aim here is to try and get different vegetables, cook it up and use them in different dishes. Let me explain how I made it and then uses.
- 3 bell peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 6 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 8 mushrooms chopped
- 1 bag of spinach leaves
- 3 cloves garlic finely diced
- 1 inch ginger finely diced
- 1 tbls dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbls coconut oil
- Heat oil in pan (I used a 4 litre one)
- Add peppers and sweat for 3 mins, then celery and sweat for 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and soy sauce and cook for 3 minutes
- Add the spinach and sesame oil, mix and put lid on and let it sweat down and wilt for 5 minutes.
There will be lots of juices which if you keep cooking will evaporate leaving a lovely sauce. Should look like this:
I made a two egg omelette with one serving spoon of the veg. Other recipes or dishes you could use this would be in wraps with cheese, as a baked potato filling, in rice or noodles as a stir fry or pasta dishes. Any veg can be used I just happened to have these in mine!! It’s simple to make, quick and can be made in bulk in advance and frozen or chilled.