I would like to humbly present this blog on behalf of the great work that Cancer Fund For Children do, please support them this festive season:
Diners are being urged to put their money where their mouth is this festive season and support local families affected by cancer.
Cancer Fund for Children is once again running its Dine and Donate campaign whereby customers dining out this Christmas in restaurants can support the charity easily by adding a few pounds on to their bill after they finish their meal.
Already this year, numerous restaurants across Northern Ireland have signed up to take part in the initiative. Deanes restaurants, owned by chef Michael Deane, will once again be taking part in the campaign this year.
Money raised will enable the charity to continue providing practical, emotional and financial support for local families whose lives have been devastated by cancer.
Cancer Fund for Children’s Corporate Fundraiser Lauren Cunningham said:
“For families living with a cancer diagnosis Christmas can exaggerate negative issues they are already dealing with such as isolation, loneliness and financial strain. Cancer Fund for Children understands this and strives to support families through providing practical, financial and therapeutic support to help them cope with the impact cancer has on their lives.
“We receive less than one per cent of our income from the government. Without campaigns like Dine and Donate, and support from people like Michael Deane, we would never be able to provide these vital support services so that families in Northern Ireland don’t have to face cancer alone.”
Michael Deane added: “This is the fourth year running that our restaurants have got on-board with this fantastic campaign. All of us at Deanes feel very strongly about the work Cancer Fund for Children carries out and we are extremely proud to be part of it. It’s great to know that by eating out this Christmas, you are making a difference to local children with cancer.”
To find out more about Dine and Donate, call Cancer Fund for Children on 028 9080 5599 or go to www.cancerfundforchildren.com
Caption: Michael Deane (centre) with his wife and business partner Kate Smith join Cancer Fund for Children Volunteer Sorcha MacLaimhin to help launch the charity’s Dine and Donate campaign. Michael’s chain of Deanes restaurants are participating in the Christmas fundraising initiative once again, and are encouraging diners to give generously to support local children affected by cancer this Christmas.
For more information please contact Cancer Fund for Children’s Marketing and Communications Officer, Gail Whyte on 028 9080 5599 or 074 2345 9530.
• Cancer Fund for Children is the leading children’s cancer charity in Northern Ireland that provides practical, financial and therapeutic support to children, teenagers and young adults living with cancer, and their families.
• Every week in Northern Ireland, three children, teenagers or young adults, aged between 0-24 years old, are diagnosed with cancer.
• Every week in Northern Ireland, Cancer Fund for Children supports another nine children who have a parent diagnosed with cancer.
• Cancer Fund for Children supports over 350 families and 800 young people at any one time.
• Cancer Fund for Children understands the devastating impact a cancer diagnosis and treatment can have on the whole family and that beyond the essential clinical care there is a family life that needs to be rebuilt at home and in the community.
• Their team of experienced Specialists help families cope with the impact cancer has on their lives, supporting them through life during and after treatment and, in some cases, bereavement.
• Cancer Fund for Children’s Specialists deliver a range of support at home, in the community and the hospital setting to children living with cancer, and those who have a parent diagnosed with cancer, including:
– Individual Support, Residential Group Work, Community Group Work, Sibling Support, Bereavement Support, Therapeutic Short Breaks, Self-Catering Breaks, Financial Grants
Best wishes and please support generously!!!!