My girls wanted to have movie night and snax last night so I had to oblige!! Had homemade pop corn last week and last night it was nachos…..the result is below……..
It’s pretty straightforward, the ingredients are:
1. 150g of your favourite nachos (mine are cheesy Doritos, my wife loves the chilli ones, kids love the plain ones, so I used plain).
2. 100 g grated cheese (our favourite has to be extra mature/vintage cheddar, grated).
3. 1 small, finely diced, white onion.
4. 3, chopped and ripe vine tomatoes.
5. A handful of finely chopped coriander.
6. 2 tablespoons of tomato ketchup and yes Heinz is best!!
7. About 10-15 sliced jalapeños (or more if you are adventurous!!).
8. Salt and pepper.
I had everything prepped before hand and refrigerated except for the nachos. Here’s how I did it:
Dice onions, tomatoes and cut the coriander. Add the ketchup, salt and pepper and mix in a bowl-that’s the salsa done. Grate the cheese and slice fresh jalapeños or use pre sliced ones. At this stage can add fresh garlic, Chillies or chilli sauce to have an extra kick.
When ready to cook/heat place the nachos evenly on a baking tray, lined with foil or parchment paper. Layer the salsa evenly and then sprinkle with cheese (can add more or less as per taste). Lastly sprinkle with jalapeños (I put on half as kids not big fans!!).
I cooked them in our new Halogen oven/ air fryer for about 8 minutes at 240oC but you can put into preheated oven at 250oC for 4-5 minutes or under a grill. I quartered the nachos with a spatula and served up for movie time snax!!